Custom Hot Stamping – How To Order
Hot Stamping on our hinged lid plastic containers is a great option for any company looking to permanently brand their packaging with a logo or other important product information. Hot stamped logos on the containers are water and wear resistant. Hot stamping has a premium look and feel and discourages counterfeiting. For hot stamping samples or more information, please give us a call.
Step One: Picking Your Plastic Container
After making the decision to have your plastic containers hot stamped, you need to decide which container is best for your application. Hot stamping is available for the following container lines:
Container diameters must be between 1 Inch and 2.5 Inches. Catalogs of our container lines with size drawings can be found on the Catalogs Page. Please note that a minimum order for hot stamping is 1000 pieces, or one full case. If in doubt, please contact our sales team.
Step Two: Your Artwork
Your artwork should be clean and in black & white. All greyscale will be converted to bitmap (indexed color). No halftone or screens allowed. Reverses must have copy and lines as large as possible to prevent filling in.
Step Three: Artwork File Formats (In Order Of Preference)
- Adobe Illustrator CS6: All fonts converted to outlines
(under the type menu – create outlines with everything selected).
- Adobe Photoshop CS6: 100% or larger than the final size of finished print size at 600dpi minimum with all text layers rasterized.
- Adobe PDF: Follow above guidelines.
- JPG: Must have a minimum 600dpi in black and white.
- Tiff: Must have a minimum 600dpi in black and white.
- BMP: Must have a minimum 600dpi in black and white.
- Inkscape 0.91: (Free Open Source similar to Illustrator) All text objects converted to paths (Under file menu – object to path).
- Gimp 2.8: (Free Open Source similar to Photoshop) 600 dpi minimum.
- PDF Export from non standard application (May incur additional charges and/or increase in production time).
Please Note: Vector images are always preferred over raster. Minimum font size of 6pt is required for all text in artwork. San Serif style fonts are preferred over Serif fonts.
As always, our production team is happy to assist you with any artwork questions you may have!
Step Four: Sizing
Artwork must be the right size in comparison to the size of the plastic container. A sizing specification chart can be found below, which lays out the exact dimensions for your artwork based on the container diameter.
- 1″ Diameter Container = .625″ Printing Area
- 1.25″ Diameter Container = .840″ Printing Area
- 1.50″ Diameter Container = 1.210″ Printing Area
- 2″ Diameter Container = 1.460″ Printing Area
- 2.50″ Diameter Container = 1.960″ Printing Area
Step Five: Color Choice
Our small plastic containers are offered in dozens of different color options. These include opaque, transparent, fluorescent, and metallic colors. Check out all available color options here. Hot stamping foils are also offered in a wide variety of colors in either metallic or non-metallic foil.
Your container and foil color choice are very important, as certain color combinations are not recommended. An example of this would be if you have a dark color container with non-metallic light colored foil. The colors will bleed together and will not turn out as desired. Along with this, some foils have printing issues if artwork or container choice is too large. Our sales team is always available if you have any questions about container and/or foil color options.
Step Six: Submit Your Order
After the container, artwork, and color decisions have been decided, please send an email to: email@example.com or call us at: 714-694-0202 to process your order.
Once your artwork is submitted, an electronic black and white proof of what your finished product will look like is created. This proof is then sent back to you for your signed approval. Customers must be 100% satisfied with the proof as no refunds or returns will be accepted after the proof is approved.
With your signed approval we are on to the final step, Purchasing! All customers are required to pay for: containers, hot stamping and plates. A one time hot stamping plate fee is required with every new art design. First time customers must pay half down and the remaining balance before the order is shipped.
There will be no additional charges if the above instructions are followed. All prices for hot stamping are subject to approval of your artwork. If in doubt, send us an email or give us a call. We will be happy to assist you!